Reima is the premium performance wear brand, with almost 80 years of experience, dedicated to active kids – promoting and enabling joy of movement to our global audience in over 40 countries. Reima is for those moments that make a difference. For all those exciting challenges outdoors, indoors, and in between. Courage, excellence, integrity, collaboration, and joy are the values driving around 350 Reima employees’ behaviour. Read more about us on https://company.reima.com/.
To strengthen our R&D team and to support Reima’s product and material innovation development further, Reima HQ is looking for an experienced and innovative
Senior R&D Specialist
You will have a key role in our product development organisation to bring in new innovative material ideas and solutions and ensure that Reima’s products are sustainable and made from high quality and safe materials.
The main responsibilities of the position are:
• Managing and executing projects related to material and product development
• Developing and innovating materials, new fibres, and products, with an emphasis on sustainability
• Searching and studying new technologies and innovations in textiles and clothing
• Maintaining Reima RSL according to international and national chemical requirements for textiles and clothing
• Supporting product department in selecting materials and product development process
• Maintaining material library and updating our material library according to our strategy and new innovation roadmap
• Maintaining data in the product data management system and other IT systems
To succeed in this role, you will need:
• 5+ years’ work experience in R&D or a similar role in textile or clothing industry
• M.Sc. (Tech.) degree or equivalent with strong emphasis on textile chemistry
• Good knowledge of textiles and sustainable materials
• Solid understanding of chemicals and their requirements in textiles and clothing
• Fluent verbal and written skills in English
• Ability and experience in leading projects
• Excellent communication and team working skills
• Ability to travel internationally
• Supplier contact, network and connected within the industry
• Experience in working in an international company is seen as an advantage
We offer you an opportunity to further develop your competencies and knowledge in our innovation-driven and international working environment. The position will be permanent and located at our HQ office in Vantaa, Finland including good remote working possibilities.
We will start going through applications as they come in and the position will be filled as soon as we find the right candidate. Please, send your application including CV and salary request latest by 9 of June 2023.
For further information, please contact Product Director Kristina Öhrnberg, tel. +358 40 576 8658 on Mon 5 June between 13.00-14.00 (EET) or Wed 7 June between 11.00-12.00 (EET) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to hear from you soon!